Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Crispy Chicken Roll Ups and Creamy Avocado Ranch
I know that I share a good amount of fiesta type dinners here on the blog. But, it is what we eat and we love it. I don’t make anything very spicy since I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old at the table as well. But I do like to serve spicy salsa or cheese as a topping option.
Everyone was raving about this dinner while we ate. It was so easy to prepare and I had all the ingredients on hand. I am sure it will make it in to our regular dinner rotation.
These were so quick to assemble. Mix the filling. Roll the tortillas and brush with garlic oil.
While you mix up the filling let a bit of olive oil and some minced garlic bubble and infuse your kitchen with an amazing scent.
Isn’t that such a pretty dinner?! And you guys are gonna love me, the dip is made with 0% fat Greek Yogurt and not sour cream. It adds a nice little tang.
Crispy Chicken Roll Ups
4 chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 tsp cumin
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup water
* Add all ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Drain and toss in Kitchenaid mixer to shred*
1 cup shredded cheese (I just used what I had on hand)
2 chopped green onions, white and green parts
1/3 cup salsa
1 tsp salt
1 (6oz) container of Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt (plain)
*Add to shredded chicken in a large bowl and set aside*
1/3 cup olive oil
2 gloves garlic, minced
*Heat over medium 5-8 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat*
12 flour tortillas
dried cilantro for garnish
1 recipe Creamy Avocado Ranch (below)
salsa for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper
2. Roll up chicken mixture in 12 flour tortillas and place seam down on parchment paper.
3. Brush tortillas with garlic oil and sprinkle with dry cilantro.
4. Bake 10 minutes, turn and bake another 10 minutes until edges get golden brown.
5. Serve with a smile and a large dollop of Cream Avocado Ranch and salsa
Cream Avocado Ranch
2 ripe avocados
1 (6oz) container Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt (plain)
juice from 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp)
1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing mix (1/2oz)
1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder
1. Mash avocados in a bowl until creamy. Stir in yogurt and remaining ingredients. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.