Friday, January 20, 2012
Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Cheap Therapy
Baking is relaxing for me. Eating a warm, gooey cookie can release pent up stress that has been brewing for days. It is Friday night. Whip up a batch of cookies, turn on your favorite show (I will be catching up on Parenthood and New Girl), and put your feet up. Enjoy a relaxing evening.
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I had to use 375, remember my cookie-oven dilemma?)
2. Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined
4. Add in flour, salt, baking soda and oats. Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. (taste dough for accuracy)
6. Use a large cookie scoop (2-3 tbsp) and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. I can fit 12 cookies on my cookie sheets. I also choose to spray my cooking sheets with Pam before hand.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden. Cool and devour. Or devour hot. Just make sure to clean the gooey dripping chocolate from your lips before going out in public.
You can store these cookies in an air tight container at room temperature. I have about 8 people that will be in and out of my house this weekend, so I don’t expect them to make it past tomorrow.