Thursday I will begin counting down the 24 days to Christmas! I love this time of year when we get eat such delicious goodies, indulge in incredibly
No Roll Sugar Cookie
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream butter or margarine, shortening, white sugar and confectioners' sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar together. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and blend.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Dip a glass in white sugar and press balls flat. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
These taste like a cross between a sugar cookie and a shortbread cookie. I have made these 5 times and they always turn out and taste fabulous. Just be sure to take them out of the oven before the edges turn crisp. Unless, of course, you like a crisper cookie.